- 1 dozen
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
Years ago, bakeries often sold these old-time fruit roll-ups. Now we know how easy they are to make at home - with fresh ingredients and for less than the cost of today's packaged ones!
What You'll Need:
1 cup golden raisins
cup orange juice
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 cup chopped prunes
cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine the raisins, orange juice, and 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the raisins are plumped. Remove from the heat and stir in the prunes and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and the corn syrup; mix well and pour equally into 12 muffin cups.
- Spread the pizza crust on a flat surface to form an 8- x 12-inch rectangle. Spread the fruit mixture evenly over the crust. Starting from the long side, roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into twelve slices and place each slice cut side down in the muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
Feel free to experiment with other dried fruit like apricots or sweetened dried cranberries.
07 14 13