We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 18 Min
- COOK TIME
- 27 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
Imagine sinking your teeth into this flaky pastry stuffed with a flavorful filling of feta cheese and sautéed kale. It's perfect for holidays and 'regular' days!
What You'll Need:
- 8 cups shredded brightly-colored kale (regular kale may be substituted), with stems removed
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 (2-ounce) cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix (from a 2-ounce package)
- 2 eggs
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, slightly thawed (from a 17.25-ounce package)
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium saucepan, bring the kale and water to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low then cover and steam for 7 minutes, or until tender; drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 egg then add the feta cheese, onion soup mix, and cooled kale; mix well. Place the pastry on a baking sheet and unfold. Spoon the mixture lengthwise down the center of the dough. Cut slits in the dough 1 inch apart lengthwise down each side of the filling.
- Beat the remaining egg and brush it over each 1-inch dough strip; alternately fold the dough from each side over the filling. Brush the top of the pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake the strudel for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Remove it from the baking sheet and cut into strips. Serve immediately.
Did you know that kale is loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, and iron? Why, it's even fat-free and low in calories! It's true - kale is "not just another pretty face!"
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Create a little Christmas magic of your own with our easy recipe for Christmas Magic Squares. This holiday-festive cookie bar recipe is great for snackin' on all holiday season long, like when you're at a cookie exchange with friends or when you're trimming the tree!