Let's leave the homemade puff pastry to the pastry chefs and use the shortcut packaged variety to make these easy-as-can-be napoleons. I mean, why should we spend time making flaky dough from scratch when we can use a convenience item that gives us extra time to enjoy this classic sweet treat?!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (17¼-ounce) package puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 2 (4-serving size) packages instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 3/4
cups milk, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Bake the puff pastry sheets according to the package directions; remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pudding mix and 1-1/2 cups milk. Whisk until thickened, then fold in the whipped topping. Spread the mixture over 1 layer of puff pastry. Place the other puff pastry flat side up over the pudding.
- Using a cookie sheet, press down lightly to evenly distribute the pudding and flatten the pastry just until the filling begins to ooze out the sides.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup milk; mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the glaze in a small bowl; spread the remaining glaze over the top of the napoleon.
- Stir the cocoa into the reserved glaze; mix well. Drizzle over the glazed napoleon and chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Carefully cut into serving-sized pieces with a serrated knife.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES