We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's leave the homemade puff pastry to the pastry chefs and use the shortcut packaged variety to make these easy-as-can-be napoleons. I mean, why should we spend time making flaky dough from scratch when we can use a convenience item that gives us extra time to enjoy this classic sweet treat?!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (17-ounce) package puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 2 (4-serving size) packages instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 3/4 cups milk, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Bake the puff pastry sheets according to the package directions; remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pudding mix and 1-1/2 cups milk. Whisk until thickened, then fold in the whipped topping. Spread the mixture over 1 layer of puff pastry. Place the other puff pastry flat side up over the pudding.
- Using a cookie sheet, press down lightly to evenly distribute the pudding and flatten the pastry just until the filling begins to ooze out the sides.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup milk; mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the glaze in a small bowl; spread the remaining glaze over the top of the napoleon.
- Stir the cocoa into the reserved glaze; mix well. Drizzle over the glazed napoleon and chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Carefully cut into serving-sized pieces with a serrated knife.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.