Blue Ribbon Blueberry Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Earn your own berry-licious blue ribbon when you bake up our Blue Ribbon Blueberry Pie. Tapioca pearls are the secret ingredient that make this blueberry pie recipe a winning dessert!
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed, if frozen)
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 (15-ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine blueberries, tapioca, 3/4 cup sugar, the lemon juice, and lemon zest; mix well and let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, unroll 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Pour blueberry mixture into crust. Unroll remaining pie crust and place on top of mixture; seal, and flute edges. Cut several slits in crust, brush with egg, and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
Place a pan under pie so it won’t drip in the oven. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is golden.
- If you like Blue Ribbon Blueberry Pie, try our Apple-Blueberry Crunch, too!
- If you loved this homemade pie recipe, check out our free eCookbook, "Easy as Pie" Recipes: 40 Chocolate Pie Recipes, Fruit Pie Recipes & More.
- You can also find more blueberry pie recipes in our collection, Bountiful Blueberries: Our Best Blueberry Dessert Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!