Candy Apple Pie
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
Remember candy apples from when you were a kid? You know, you got them at carnivals and at the circus. If you'd like to bring back that same special taste without all the sticky mess, here's a pie that'll do it for you. (Everybody will wink at the taste, too.)
What You'll Need:
cup unsweetened apple juice, divided
cup cinnamon candies (about 15 candy disks)
teaspoon red food color
teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
cup frozen whipped topping, thawed(1 8-ounce container equals 3-1/2 cups)
teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups apple juice, candies, food color, vanilla extract, and apples. Bring to a boil, then simmer just until the apples are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup juice and cornstarch. Stir into the apple mixture and continue to cook until thickened, about 2 minutes, then cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Spread the apple filling over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Chill for several hours or until the filling holds its shape.
- Before serving, combine the whipped topping and cinnamon; top each slice with a dollop of the mixture.
Granny Smith and Rome apples varieties work best here.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
12 03 13