Candy Apple Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Remember candy apples from when you were a kid? You know, you got them at carnivals and at the circus. If you'd like to bring back that same special taste without all the sticky mess, here's a pie that'll do it for you. (Everybody will wink at the taste, too.)
What You'll Need:
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1/3 cup cinnamon candies (about 15 candy disks)
- 1/4 teaspoon red food color
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed(1 8-ounce container equals 3-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups apple juice, candies, food color, vanilla extract, and apples. Bring to a boil, then simmer just until the apples are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup juice and cornstarch. Stir into the apple mixture and continue to cook until thickened, about 2 minutes, then cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Spread the apple filling over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Chill for several hours or until the filling holds its shape.
- Before serving, combine the whipped topping and cinnamon; top each slice with a dollop of the mixture.
Granny Smith and Rome apples varieties work best here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
With our recipe for 1 Minute Cinnamon Bun you can enjoy a cinnamon bun for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you want! All you need is a microwave, some easy ingredients from your pantry, and your favorite mug. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying a cinnamon bun that's all your own.