Classic Deep Dish Apple Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Apple pie is an American institution and, with just one taste of our Classic Deep Dish Apple Pie recipe, you'll know why. Using a prepared deep-dish pie crust takes away all the hassle, so why not mix this one up and easily enjoy all the applause?!
What You'll Need:
- 5 to 6 Northern Spy, Cortland, or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour; mix well. Place one pie crust in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Pour apple mixture into crust, top with butter, then place remaining crust over apples. Trim and pinch edges together, fluting if desired. Using a sharp knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top.
- Place pie on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Reduce over temperature to 350 degrees and bake 35 to 40 more minutes, or until crust is golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Homemade soup that's this hearty is simply irresistible! Between the rich tomato broth and the cheese-filled pasta it's hard not to fall in love with Mama Mia's Tortellini Soup. So, grab your favorite bowl and your soup spoon, 'cause this soup recipe is sure to please!