Classic Deep Dish Apple Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Apple pie is an American institution and, with just one taste of our classic recipe, you'll know why. Using a prepared deep-dish pie crust takes away all the hassle, so why not mix this one up and easily enjoy all the applause?!
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 pounds Northern Spy, Cortland, or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 deep-dish pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon butter, sliced into thirds
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place apple slices in a large bowl and add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour; mix well. Place one pie crust in a glass deep-dish pie plate then pour apple mixture into crust. Dot with butter and seal with top crust. Cut slits in top.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. and bake 35 to 40 more minutes, or until crust is golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!