Fruit Cocktail Pretzel Pie
Oh all the tasty ways we can dress up a homemade dessert with canned fruit cocktail! Imagine the lip-smackin' delight of saving room for this novel Fruit Cocktail Pretzel Pie.
4 hr 30 min
What You'll Need:
2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
cup butter, melted
cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
(8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (4-serving-size) package lemon-flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 cup ice cubes
1 (15.5-ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed pretzels, butter, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pie plate. Bake 8 minutes; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping and spread mixture evenly onto cooled crust.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir gently until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in ice cubes until melted. Add fruit cocktail and mix well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes, or until mixture is slightly thickened. Pour gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set, before serving.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
05 13 13