Fruit Cocktail Pretzel Pie
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 40 Min
You've probably tried a dozen different kinds of fruit pie recipes, but we bet you've never tried something as lip smackin' good as our Fruit Cocktail Pretzel Pie! This novel pie uses canned fruit cocktail and crushed pretzels to create a tasty new twist to your favorite homemade dessert!
What You'll Need:
2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
cup butter, melted
cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
(8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (4-serving-size) package lemon-flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 cup ice cubes
1 (15.5-ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed pretzels, butter, and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pie plate. Bake 8 minutes; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping and spread mixture evenly onto cooled crust.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir gently until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in ice cubes until melted. Add fruit cocktail and mix well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes, or until mixture is slightly thickened. Pour gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set, before serving.
04 09 14