Gooey Amish Caramel Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 8 Hr 15 Min
Got a sweet tooth? If you do, then our Gooey Amish Caramel Pie may just satisfy your cravings. The rich sweetness of the caramel mixed with the crunchy pecans goes perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust
- 1 cup pecan halves
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, bring brown sugar, water, and butter to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, milk, and egg yolks; mix well. Slowly stir flour mixture into boiling mixture, stirring constantly for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and let cool 5 minutes.
- Pour into baked pie crust and garnish with pecan halves. Let cool 30 minutes then refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Top with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce. Pie will be gooey...and yummy, too!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Make room burritos, 'cause there's a new contender in town, and they're going by the name of Tex-Mex Hand Pies! These creamy hand pies are stuffed full of Tex-Mex favorites like salsa, chicken and lots of creamy cheese. You're going to wish you had more hands.