Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 9 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 9 Hr 15 Min
It doesn't matter how stuffed you are, we bet you'll find room for a slice (or two!) of our Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie. This sinfully rich chocolate cream pie is a popular dessert no matter where or when it's served, so you might want to make a few...
What You'll Need:
- 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- Bake the pie shell according to package directions in a 9-inch pie plate; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into pie crust and chill 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, combine heavy cream and confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over pie, cover loosely, and chill 8 hours or overnight before serving.
- You can substitute 2 cups whipped topping for the homemade whipped cream.
- To make this chocolate cream pie look extra-special, just before serving, top with shaved chocolate or sprinkles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.