Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 9 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 9 Hr 15 Min
This diner-worthy recipe for Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie is so easy you won't believe it. Who wouldn't want to take the credit for making a sinfully rich chocolate cream pie so get going and try it.
What You'll Need:
- 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
Bake the pie shell according to package directions in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate; let cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into pie crust and chill 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, combine heavy cream and confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over pie, cover loosely, and chill 8 hours or overnight before serving.
You can substitute 2 cups whipped topping for the homemade whipped cream.
To make this look extra special, just before serving, top with shaved chocolate or sprinkles.
You can really look like a baking whiz by baking your own easy-as-pie No Roll Pie Crust.
This recipe was also one of our Top 10 TV Recipes of 2012! Check out the rest here.
- Feeling like blueberries? This Best Blueberry Pie Recipe: Our Favorite Easy Blueberry Pie Recipe is one of our top pie recipes of all time!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.