- 1 (9-inch) pie
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 5 Min
Wanna know the not-so-secret recipe in this Peppermint Pie? You got it, it's peppermint and boy-oh-boy is it incredible in this dessert! Yum-my!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 quart peppermint ice cream, softened
- Crushed hard peppermint candy
What To Do:
- Cook 1 cup chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until chocolate and butter melt, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and walnuts. Firmly press cereal mixture in bottom and up sides of a greased 9-inch pie plate. Chill until firm.
- Spoon softened ice cream into prepared crust. Cover and freeze until ice cream is firm.
- Just before serving, combine remaining 1 cup chocolate chips, remaining 4 tablespoons butter, and the milk in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and butter melt. Set aside, and let cool. Let pie stand at room temperature 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle chocolate mixture over pie; sprinkle with crushed candy.
Crushed hard peppermint candy sprinkled over the top of this pie leaves no question as to the flavor inside! If you can't find peppermint ice cream, just substitute mint chocolate chip ice cream.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
11 08 12