We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna know the not-so-secret recipe in this Peppermint Pie? You got it, it's peppermint and boy-oh-boy is it incredible in this dessert! Yum-my!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 quart peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- Crushed hard peppermint candy
What To Do:
- Cook 1 cup chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until chocolate and butter melt, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and walnuts. Firmly press cereal mixture in bottom and up sides of a greased 9-inch pie plate. Chill until firm.
- Spoon softened ice cream into prepared crust. Cover and freeze until ice cream is firm.
- Just before serving, combine remaining 1 cup chocolate chips, remaining 4 tablespoons butter, and the milk in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and butter melt. Set aside, and let cool. Let pie stand at room temperature 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle chocolate mixture over pie; sprinkle with crushed candy.
Crushed hard peppermint candy sprinkled over the top of this pie leaves no question as to the flavor inside! If you can't find peppermint ice cream, just substitute mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an appetizer that's guaranteed to win you rave reviews...one dip at a time. Our Bread Bowl Fondue is a modern day twist on fondue that's always a hit. When you serve this all-in-one, fun-do, fondue in the bread bowl, you better stand back, or you might get trampled!