We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Draw your gang to the table with our easy Amish-style Shoofly Pie recipe. This sweet pie, with its melt-in-your mouth crust and gooey molasses filling, is a classic homestyle Amish dessert that never goes out of style.
What You'll Need:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pie crust in a shallow 9-inch pie plate and flute the edges.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, butter, and salt; mix well and reserve 1 cup mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, molasses, and cold water; mix gently and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix hot water and baking soda and stir into molasses mixture. Stir molasses mixture into flour mixture and pour into pie shell. Top with reserved flour mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Pie will firm up as it cools. Cool completely before cutting.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We deconstructed one of your favorite sandwiches to bring you this family-sized Philly Cheese Steak Bake. It's got everything you love about a cheese steak in the form of a hot and hearty casserole, including the cheesy sauce and deli-style roast beef.