Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tangy rhubarb and sweet ruby red strawberries make for a tasty marriage of flavors in our old-fashioned Strawberry Rhubarb Pie recipe. Whether you use fresh or frozen rhubarb, this strawberry rhubarb pie recipe is always a year-round favorite. Strawberry pies are fantastic to make when you're expecting company since it uses such a beloved fruit! Bake up a fresh strawberry rhubarb pie and watch the compliments come pouring in.
What You'll Need:
- 1 quart strawberries, washed, hulled, and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature
- 1 cup cubed fresh rhubarb (see Note)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine strawberries and sugar; mix well until sugar dissolves.
Unfold one pie crust and place in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, pressing crust firmly into pie plate.
Place remaining pie crust on a work surface and using the plastic cap of a soda bottle, cut 8 to 10 circles from the center, forming polka dots, and leaving a 2-inch border around the edges.
Add rhubarb, flour, and butter to strawberry mixture; mix well and spoon into pie crust. Place cut-out crust over strawberry mixture. Pinch together and trim edges to seal, then flute, if desired.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Allow to cool slightly before serving, or chill until ready to serve.
- If fresh rhubarb is not in season, you can substitute a cup of frozen rhubarb that you've thawed and drained.
- We're big fans of fruity pies and if you are, too, you just might want to try another one of our favorites, Awesome Blueberry Pie.
- Plus, for more great pies like our incredible Strawberry Rhubarb Pie recipe, check out our collection of 74 Easy Pie Recipes, Plus 5 Homemade Pie Crusts.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.