We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll never say, "Hold the anchovies!" again after tasting this.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (2-ounce) cans anchovies, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F. Using your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread the dough to cover the bottom of a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Push the dough up to the edge of the pan, forming a rim. With a fork, prick the dough 15 to 20 times. Brush with the oil.
- Chop 1 can of anchovies and combine with the sauce in the small bowl, then spread evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the cheese and oregano over the top, then arrange the remaining can of whole anchovies evenly over the pizza. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and brown.
This is a real anchovy lovers' pizza - so if you want just a hint of anchovy flavor, leave out the can that's used in the sauce, but still place a few whole anchovies on top.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!