Caramelized Onion Pizza
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
No, this wouldn't be confused with candy, but the caramelized onions are incredibly sweet.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium-sized onions, cut into -inch slices
- 1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F. Using your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread the dough to cover the bottom of a 10" x 15" rimmed baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Push the dough up to the edge of the pan, forming a rim. With a fork, prick the dough 15 to 20 times.
- Brush with the oil. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese over the dough, then top with the mozzarella cheese. Spread the onions evenly over the cheese, then top with the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and brown.
Make sure to cook the onions until they're tender and browned. This pizza tastes best when the onions are done that way.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES