Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Test Kitchen put an easy spin on the popular Chicago-style "deep dish pizza," and this is the tasty result. Anyone can make our Deep Dish Pizza Casserole and everyone will love it!!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15-ounce) can chunky Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 6 (1-ounce) slices mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen bell peppers and onions, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain, if necessary, and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce and cook until heated.
Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough, and press into bottom and halfway up sides of prepared baking dish (see Notes). Line bottom of pizza crust with 3 slices mozzarella cheese. Top with meat mixture and veggies.
Bake, uncovered, 12 minutes. Top with remaining cheese slices and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Make sure to push the pizza crust up the sides of your baking dish so the delicious pizza filling will bubble up inside the crispy crust.
- Like your pizza with more toppings? Maybe add pepperoni or crumbled, cooked sausage for extra taste!
- Looking for more easy weeknight dinners? Check out our free eCookbook, Easy Weeknight Dinners: 20 Recipes for the Busy Cook!
- If you enjoyed this Deep Dish Pizza Casserole, be sure to check out our recipe for Chicago Deep Dish Pizza or After School Pizza Puffs.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.