Goat Cheese Pizza
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have you seen Goat Cheese Pizza on menus at gourmet pizzerias and pricey restaurants? Well, it's time to give it a try. (Did they think we wouldn't find out how easy it is?!)
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 ounces goat cheese (see Note)
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F. Using your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread the dough to cover the bottom of a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Push the dough up to the edge of the pan, forming a rim. With a fork, prick the dough 15 to 20 times.
- In a small bowl, combine the pizza sauce, tomatoes, and basil. Spread the sauce mixture evenly over the dough and top with the cheese, crumbling the cheese into small pieces with your fingers.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and brown. Cut and serve.
You can use more or less of the goat cheese depending on how much you like it.