Greek Pita Pizzas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 18 Min
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
We know that pizza is typically considered to be an Italian food, right? Well, we've put a bit of twist on it — a Greek twist, that is. Using some classic Greek ingredients on some pita bread, we'll show you just how you can turn a regular ol' pizza into a unique and tasty dish. Serve it up with a side of veggies or fries and watch as this homemade pizza disappears before your very eyes!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (12 ounce) package 6-inch pita bread rounds
- 1 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata or ripe black olives, halved
- 2 (4 ounce) packages crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place pita rounds on a baking sheet. Spread pita rounds with pasta sauce. Top with red onion and olives; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with basil before serving. Cut into wedges.
Place pita rounds on a baking sheet with rounded side down. This keeps the sauce and toppings neatly on the pita round.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for Ultimate Fudgy Brownies is going to make you forget about any other recipe for brownies you've ever tasted...they're that good. You may just want to pour yourself another glass of milk, 'cause these homemade brownies are full of decadent, chocolatey flavor.