Greek Pita Pizzas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 18 Min
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
We know that pizza is typically considered to be an Italian food, right? Well, we've put a bit of twist on it — a Greek twist, that is. Using some classic Greek ingredients on some pita bread, we'll show you just how you can turn a regular ol' pizza into a unique and tasty dish. Serve it up with a side of veggies or fries and watch as this homemade pizza disappears before your very eyes!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (12 ounce) package 6-inch pita bread rounds
- 1 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata or ripe black olives, halved
- 2 (4 ounce) packages crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place pita rounds on a baking sheet. Spread pita rounds with pasta sauce. Top with red onion and olives; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with basil before serving. Cut into wedges.
Place pita rounds on a baking sheet with rounded side down. This keeps the sauce and toppings neatly on the pita round.