We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Portobello Pizza is perfect for vegetarians and anyone who wants healthy, great-tasting, different foods. It substitutes a large portobello mushroom for a doughy pizza crust. Even better? It can be made in less than ten minutes!
What You'll Need:
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) package portobello mushroom caps (4 to 5), cleaned
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices (4 ounces total) mozzarella cheese
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices and grilled or roasted
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Coat a pizza pan with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic. Brush mushroom caps on all sides with garlic mixture then place upside-down in a circle on pizza pan. Season with salt and pepper then top evenly with mozzarella cheese, tomato, and chopped basil.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
Adapted from The South Beach Diet by, and courtesy of, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!