Sun-Dried Tomato and Bacon Pizza
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
No matter how you fancy it up, you can always count on pizza being easy as pie, and a great value, too. This one's a great example of how you can dress up a pizza for just pennies per yummy serving.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (3 ounces) real bacon bits
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F.
- Using your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread the dough to cover the bottom of a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Push the dough up to the edge of the pan, forming a rim. If the dough is too sticky, dust it and your hands lightly with flour. With a fork, prick the dough 15 to 20 times.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the dough. Top with the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, bacon bits, mushrooms, feta and mozzarella cheeses. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and browned.
If you prefer to use a prepared 12- to 14-inch pizza shell instead of starting with pizza dough, just reduce the baking time by 3 to 4 minutes.