Sun-Dried Tomato and Bacon Pizza
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No matter how you fancy it up, you can always count on pizza being easy as pie, and a great value, too. This one's a great example of how you can dress up a pizza for just pennies per yummy serving.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (3 ounces) real bacon bits
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F.
- Using your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread the dough to cover the bottom of a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Push the dough up to the edge of the pan, forming a rim. If the dough is too sticky, dust it and your hands lightly with flour. With a fork, prick the dough 15 to 20 times.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the dough. Top with the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, bacon bits, mushrooms, feta and mozzarella cheeses. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and browned.
If you prefer to use a prepared 12- to 14-inch pizza shell instead of starting with pizza dough, just reduce the baking time by 3 to 4 minutes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.