Vegetable Pita Pizzas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tell your family it's like a quick trip to Las Vegas (well, that's where I first enjoyed these).
What You'll Need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small green bell peppers, cut into thin strips about 1 inch long
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 (6-inch) pita breads
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the broiler. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pepper strips, broth, basil, thyme, crushed red pepper, and salt; cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Place the pitas on a broiler pan or cookie sheet. Layer the tomato slices evenly over the pitas, then top with the warm vegetable mixture. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the vegetables, then broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat source for 1 minute or just until the cheese is melted.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pot roast recipe was shared with us by a grandma who loves ballroom dancing! Whenever she made this comforting meal for dinner, the whole family would rush to the table. Plus, Grandma Lois' Pot Roast is made in one pot, so you know it's going to be easy. That leaves a lot more time for dancing!