- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 20 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 20 Min
What You'll Need:
1 (4- to 5-pound) smoked semi-boneless ham
1 (29-ounce) can yams, drained
2 (15-ounce) cans whole white potatoes, drained
1 (29-ounce) can peach halves in heavy syrup, drained and syrup reserved
1 (16-ounce) can apricot halves in heavy syrup, drained and syrup reserved
cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon dry mustard
teaspoon ground ginger
3 tablespoons cornstarch
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Trim ham of all excess fat and place cut-side down in a large roasting pan. Bake 45 minutes then drain off any pan drippings and reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, place yams, white potatoes, peaches, and apricots in a large bowl and toss gently; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup reserved peach syrup, 1/2 cup reserved apricot syrup, the maple syrup, dry mustard, and ginger; bring to a boil over medium-high heat then remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons remaining reserved apricot or peach syrup with the cornstarch and add to hot syrup mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Place potatoes and fruit around ham and pour syrup mixture over everything. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, uncovered, basting occasionally.
Carve ham across the grain. Any leftover ham is ideal for sandwiches.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
04 14 14