Bacon Wrapped Fillets
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
What You'll Need:
- 4 (1-inch-thick) boneless pork loin fillets (about 5 ounces each) (see Notes)
- 4 raw bacon strips
teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
cup condensed beef broth
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
What To Do:
- Wrap one bacon strip around each pork fillet; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle both sides of each fillet with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat and cook fillets 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove fillets to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add beef broth and coffee granules to skillet; cook on high 5 to 7 minutes, or until sauce thickens to a glaze consistency. Serve over pork fillets.
This can be made with the original elk, if available, or with beef or pork fillets, as indicated.
Recipe courtesy of and adapted from the Hardware Grill
From the five-part series "A Taste of Edmonton: The Festival City." For more information about Edmonton, visit www.travelalberta.com and www.edmonton.com
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES