Baked Green Ham
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No, this isn't a Dr. Seuss recipe! Green ham was what early Southern settlers called ham, or leg of pork, that was fresh, not cured.
What You'll Need:
- 1 15- to 17-pound ham
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ham skin side up in aroasting pan that has been lined with aluminum foil.
- In small bowl, combine the garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well and rub over entire surface of ham.
- Bake 4-1/2 to 5 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center of the ham registers 170 degrees F.
- The skin will brown and separate from the meat. Slice and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.