Chalupa Dinner Bowl
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chalupa is the Spanish word for "boat." It describes the taco shells that hold the savory pork-and-bean mixture. You can also serve the mixture over cornbread or rolled up burrito style in flour tortillas.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound dried pinto beans
- 1 (3-1/2-pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies with lime juice and cilantro
- 8 taco salad shells
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
What To Do:
Rinse and sort beans according to package directions; place in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add roast and next 6 ingredients. Pour chicken broth over roast.
Cover and cook on HIGH setting 8 hours. Pull roast into large pieces with 2 forks, stir in diced tomatoes. Heat for additional 10 minutes.
Heat taco salad shells according to package directions; place shredded lettuce evenly into shells. Spoon about 1 cup pork-and-bean mixture into each shell, using a slotted spoon. Serve with desired toppings like shredded Monterey Jack cheese, pickled jalapeno slices, halved grape tomatoes, sour cream, or chopped avocado.
Want even more tasty pork recipes? Then check out our free eCookbook, Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Saucy Country-Style Ribs
- 21 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
- All-In-One Pork Chop Dinner
- Southern Fried Pork Chops
- Melt in Your Mouth Pork Chops
- Classic Barbecue Ribs
- Slow Cooker Country Pork
- Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
- Garlic Parmesan Pork Chops
- Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More