Saucy Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In Northern Italy they cook with a lot of garlic, tomatoes, capers, and wine. This was our inspiration for these Saucy Pork Chops and now we totally understand why everyone loves Italian flavors so much! These sauced-up pork chops are incredible.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium-sized pork chops (6 to 7 ounces each)
- 1 (14- ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 onions, sliced inch thick
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and add pork chops.
- Brown chops on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side, then turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture over pork chops and cover.
- Simmer pork chops over low heat 20 minutes or until chops are tender and no pink remains.
- Makes 3 cups of sauce.
Don't worry if you don't have any capers on hand or don't care for them... just leave them out. We wouldn't want you to miss out on this dish because of that!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your lunch box or afternoon snack could use a little change-of-pace, then you're going to go crazy for these...Crazy Corn Dog Muffins! What's crazy about them? Well, aside from being "crazy good" they're also super easy to make and very portable!
- Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 21 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
- Melt in Your Mouth Pork Chops
- Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More
- Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
- Good Luck Pork and Cabbage
- Garlic Parmesan Pork Chops
- Backwoods Pork Chops with River Gravy
- Cheesy Baked Pork Chops