Saucy Pork Chops
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
Wine, garlic, tomatoes, and capers are all important to northern Italian cooking. When we combine them with pork chops, we know why Italian chefs are known for their flavoring.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium-sized pork chops (6 to 7 ounces each)
- 1 (14-½ ounce) can stewed tomatoes
cup dry white wine
- 2 onions, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon dried thyme leaves
teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and add pork chops.
- Brown chops on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side, then turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture over pork chops and cover.
- Simmer pork chops over low heat 20 minutes or until chops are tender and no pink remains.
- Makes 3 cups of sauce.
Don't worry if you don't have any capers on hand or don't care for them... just leave them out. We wouldn't want you to miss out on this dish because of that!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES