We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Heat up your Oktoberfest celebrations with Sausage Bake. It's a meaty delight your guests are sure to love!
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (see Option)
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried dill or mixed herbs (like dried chives, parsley, and basil)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound kielbasa or other smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch angled slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, the pepper, and dill. Make a well in the center and pour in the beaten eggs and milk; mix by hand just until smooth.
- Fill a large pot half-full with water and add the remaining 1 teaspoon salt; bring the water to a hard, rolling boil over high heat.
- Over the pot, with a wide, slotted spoon, scoop out a spoonful of batter and shake lightly until it breaks into strands that fall into the water; the pieces of batter will congeal to form spaetzle. When the spaetzle float to the top, remove them with a clean slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels; repeat until no batter remains. Place spaetzle in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add onion, and saute 7 to 8 minutes, or until soft and golden. Add kielbasa to skillet and saute 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon kielbasa mixture over spaetzle and sprinkle with Swiss cheese. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
If you prefer not to make your own spaetzle, you can cook packaged dried spaetzle according to its directions, place it in a baking dish as above, and proceed with Step 4.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!