Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked biscuits to make us feel at-home comfortable. And served with sausage gravy? Oh, oh, what a treat! Even though the entire South can take credit for them, we especially loved the ones we had in Alexandria, Louisiana. (And we confess, most times we use biscuit mix so we can get to the gravy faster!)
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds bulk breakfast sausage (not links)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and onion over medium heat, stirring with a fork to break up chunks of meat; drain off liquid.
- Sprinkle flour over sausage mixture, stirring to coat meat.
- Reduce heat to low, cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes; do not allow flour to brown. Slowly stir in milk, cooking and stirring until mixture thickens and boils. Stir in pepper and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve over store-bought biscuits or make your own.
For a thinner consistency, more milk may be needed.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!