Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
There's nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked biscuits to make us feel at-home comfortable. And served with sausage gravy? Oh, oh, what a treat! Even though the entire South can take credit for them, we especially loved the ones we had in Alexandria, Louisiana. (And we confess, most times we use biscuit mix so we can get to the gravy faster!)
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds bulk breakfast sausage (not links)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and onion over medium heat, stirring with a fork to break up chunks of meat; drain off liquid.
- Sprinkle flour over sausage mixture, stirring to coat meat.
- Reduce heat to low, cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes; do not allow flour to brown. Slowly stir in milk, cooking and stirring until mixture thickens and boils. Stir in pepper and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve over store-bought biscuits or make your own.
For a thinner consistency, more milk may be needed.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES