You'll be the toast of the town when you turn up the flavor on your holiday ham with our scrumptious special recipe. Sherry Glazed ham is an easy way to turn ho-hum into wow!
1 hr 55 min
What You'll Need:
1 (7- to 9-pound) hickory smoked ham
1 cup light brown sugar, divided
1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine, divided
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
cup orange juice
cup golden raisins
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ham in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine. Brush half the glaze over ham.
- Roast ham, uncovered, 15 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature is 160 degrees F. Brush remaining glaze over ham halfway through cooking time.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, cornstarch, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; stir until smooth. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup sherry cooking wine, Dijon mustard, orange juice, and raisins; mix well and cook sauce over medium heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Serve sauce over sliced ham.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Mizkan Americas, Inc.