Skillet Glazed Ham
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ham was no stranger to the early Southern settlers. It was so popular 'cause, with little or no refrigeration, cured ham was a safe choice. Today we eat it just because of its super taste!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (7 ½-ounce) can pineapple slices, drained, juice reserved
- 1 (6-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained, juice reserved
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (2- to 2-1/2-pound) ham steak
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine reserved pineapple and cherry juices, brown sugar, and cloves; mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add ham and brown 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Add juice mixture to skillet, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 25 minutes.
- Add pineapple slices and cherries; mix well. Cook, uncovered, an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens and fruit is heated through.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Is there a "secret ingredient" in your favorite meatloaf recipe? There is in ours! Our Secret Ingredient Meatloaf calls for one shortcut ingredient that doesn't just make life easier, but it makes the meatloaf so moist and flavorful, too! Aren't you glad we've let you in on our little secret?