Skillet Glazed Ham
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
- READY IN
- 45 Min
Ham was no stranger to the early Southern settlers. It was so popular 'cause, with little or no refrigeration, cured ham was a safe choice. Today we eat it just because of its super taste!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (7 ½-ounce) can pineapple slices, drained, juice reserved
- 1 (6-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained, juice reserved
cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (2- to 2-1/2-pound) ham steak
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine reserved pineapple and cherry juices, brown sugar, and cloves; mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add ham and brown 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Add juice mixture to skillet, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 25 minutes.
- Add pineapple slices and cherries; mix well. Cook, uncovered, an additional 8 to 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens and fruit is heated through.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 24 12