Smothered Pork Chops over Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 13 Min
- READY IN
- 18 Min
It's a meal-in-one you can't refuse! No side dishes needed -- the combo of pork chops and rice will fill you right up!
What You'll Need:
- 2 extra-large bags boil-in-bag white rice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) boneless pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
What To Do:
Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
Meanwhile, combine flour, 1 teaspoon chili powder, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish; dredge pork chops in flour mixture.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
Combine barbecue sauce, onion, 1/4 cup water, and remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder; pour over chops. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until chops are done. Remove chops from pan, and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water, stirring until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to sauce in pan; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Divide rice evenly among plates; place chops over rice, and spoon sauce evenly over chops.
Adding a slurry is a fast and easy way to thicken a sauce with no lumping. A mixture of cornstarch (or flour) and water is stirred into a hot liquid mixture, as we do in this recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.