Southern Fried Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Southern Fried Pork Chops are a "must" in all Southern households. One bite will tell you why!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 4 (1-inch) pork loin chops (1 to 2 pounds total)
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Place water in another shallow dish. Dip pork chops in water then in flour mixture, coating completely.
- In a large deep skillet, heat shortening over medium heat until hot but not smoking (see Note).
- Add pork chops and cook 7 to 8 minutes per side, or until cooked through and coating is golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
- The trick is to heat the shortening till it's hot but not burning. That way, you get a nice crispy outside without the pork chops becoming greasy.
- If you liked this fried dinner recipe, be sure to check out our Crispy Oven-Fried Drumsticks or our collection of 30 Fried and Oven-Fried Favorites.
- Plus, we've got even more fantastic pork chop recipes in our collection of 20 Easy Pork Chop Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!