Southern Fried Pork Chops
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 20 Min
Southern Fried Pork Chops are a "must" in all Southern households. One bite will tell you why!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 4 (1-inch) pork loin chops (1 to 2 pounds total)
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Place water in another shallow dish. Dip pork chops in water then in flour mixture, coating completely.
- In a large deep skillet, heat shortening over medium heat until hot but not smoking (see Note).
- Add pork chops and cook 7 to 8 minutes per side, or until cooked through and coating is golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
The trick is to heat the shortening till it's hot but not burning. That way, you get a nice crispy outside without the pork chops becoming greasy.
If you liked this fried dinner recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 30 Fried and Oven-Fried Favorites.
Plus, we've got even more fantastic pork chop recipes in our collection of 20 Easy Pork Chop Recipes.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 05 14