Stuffed Pork Chop "Roast"
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pork chops aren't typically on the menu for company because they usually dry out in the oven. Not now! The stuffing and sauce in this Stuffed Pork Chop "Roast" recipe keep the chops moist. Now you've got a new recipe for company.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (8-ounce) box one-step stuffing mix, prepared per package instructions
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (3/4-inch) pork chops (about 2 ½ pounds total)
- 1 (12-ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 (8-ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Rub mixture evenly into both sides of pork chops; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat apricot preserves and cranberry sauce over medium-low heat until heated through and well blended.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot then cook pork chops (three at a time) for 8 to 9 minutes, until browned on both sides. Remove cooked chops from pan and set aside with all the bones facing the same direction; continue with remaining chops.
- Divide stuffing evenly over 5 chops. Place 1 chop over the next, until the 5 are stacked on top of each other with the bones facing the same direction. Top with the final undressed chop.
- Place entire stack on its side in prepared baking dish. If necessary, use large toothpicks or a skewer to hold chops in place.
- Pour sauce mixture over chops and bake, covered, for 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to stand 15 minutes. Place "roast" on a serving platter and "carve" it right at the table in front of your company.
Serve these pork chops with extra sauce from the bottom of the baking dish.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Clear the deck sailors! Our recipe for Avocado Breakfast Boats is so good it'll blow your taste buds right out of the water! Just imagine a fresh avocado and tomato salsa mixed together and served over fluffy, scrambled eggs right in the avocado "boats"...it's a breakfast delight!