Tropical Pork Kebabs
- COOK TIME
- 7 Min
- READY IN
- 7 Min
What You'll Need:
- 8 wooden or metal skewers
- 2 pounds pork loin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored, cleaned, and cut into 8 pieces each
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, cleaned, and cut into 8 pieces
fresh pineapple, cut into 4 slices then into 1/4-inch wedges
cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
cup yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Alternately thread each skewer with pork chunks, 2 red pepper pieces, 1 green pepper piece, and 2 pineapple wedges.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine the honey, lime juice, grated lime peel, garlic, yellow mustard, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Place kebabs in baking dish and rotate them to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Baste kebabs with marinade; discard excess marinade. Grill kebabs 7 to 9 minutes, or until pork is no longer pink, turning frequently to cook on all sides.
Tips for Grilling Pork
- Add unique flavor combinations with low-fat, low-sodium spice rubs, herbs or marinades.
- For pork chops, burgers, whole pork tenderloin and kebabs, use direct heat. For pork roasts and ribs, use indirect heat.
- If using thick or sweet sauces, baste only 5 to 10 minutes before the chops are done. This prevents burning sugar-based sauces.
- Cook pork to medium doneness or to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Tips courtesy of www.theotherwhitemeat.com.
For more pork recipes and information, visit www.theotherwhitemeat.com.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
05 23 13
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bring a little of the islands into your home with our tropical Mango Tango Fish Fillets. 20 minutes is all you need to get this tasty dish on the table tonight!