Tropical Pork Kebabs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Many pork loin recipes ignore all the unique things you can do with a pork tenderloin. But not us! With the flavors of the tropics and a few off-the-shelf ingredients, we know your friends and family will go hog wild over our easy Tropical Pork Kebabs!
What You'll Need:
- 8 wooden or metal skewers
- 2 pounds pork loin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored, cleaned, and cut into 8 pieces each
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, cleaned, and cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into 4 slices then into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Alternately thread each skewer with pork chunks, 2 red pepper pieces, 1 green pepper piece, and 2 pineapple wedges.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine the honey, lime juice, grated lime peel, garlic, yellow mustard, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Place kebabs in baking dish and rotate them to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Baste kebabs with marinade; discard excess marinade. Grill kebabs 7 to 9 minutes, or until pork is no longer pink, turning frequently to cook on all sides.
Tips for Grilling Pork
- Add unique flavor combinations with low-fat, low-sodium spice rubs, herbs or marinades.
- For pork chops, burgers, whole pork tenderloin and kebabs, use direct heat. For pork roasts and ribs, use indirect heat.
- If using thick or sweet sauces, baste only 5 to 10 minutes before the chops are done. This prevents burning sugar-based sauces.
- Cook pork to medium doneness or to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.