Tropical Pork Kebabs
What You'll Need:
8 wooden or metal skewers
2 pounds pork loin, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 large red bell peppers, cored, cleaned, and cut into 8 pieces each
1 large green bell pepper, cored, cleaned, and cut into 8 pieces
fresh pineapple, cut into 4 slices then into 1/4-inch wedges
cup lime juice
2 teaspoons grated lime peel
3 garlic cloves, minced
cup yellow mustard
1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Alternately thread each skewer with pork chunks, 2 red pepper pieces, 1 green pepper piece, and 2 pineapple wedges.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine the honey, lime juice, grated lime peel, garlic, yellow mustard, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Place kebabs in baking dish and rotate them to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Baste kebabs with marinade; discard excess marinade. Grill kebabs 7 to 9 minutes, or until pork is no longer pink, turning frequently to cook on all sides.
Tips for Grilling Pork
- Add unique flavor combinations with low-fat, low-sodium spice rubs, herbs or marinades.
- For pork chops, burgers, whole pork tenderloin and kebabs, use direct heat. For pork roasts and ribs, use indirect heat.
- If using thick or sweet sauces, baste only 5 to 10 minutes before the chops are done. This prevents burning sugar-based sauces.
- Cook pork to medium doneness or to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
Tips courtesy of www.theotherwhitemeat.com.
For more pork recipes and information, visit www.theotherwhitemeat.com.
05 23 13