Baked Potato Salad
- CHILL TIME
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 30 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 45 Min
What You'll Need:
3 pounds large Idaho potatoes, washed
1 (16-ounce) container sour cream (see Notes)
5 scallions (green onions), sliced
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (see Notes)
cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Bake potatoes for about 1 hour, or until fork-tender. Cool potatoes at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes and place in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss gently until mixed well; place in prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until warm in center.
- We suggest topping each portion with a bit more sour cream and sliced scallions before serving.
- To lighten this up, you can substitute lower-fat varieties of sour cream and cheese, and use turkey bacon in place of the traditional favorites.
Recipe adapted from Chef Carlos Barilla, Burger and Beer Joint
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
06 26 14