Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Baked Potato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 30 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 45 Min
Need a prize-winning potato salad recipe? Look no further than this incredible Baked Potato Salad that won first prize at the 2011 South Beach Wine & Food Festival Idaho Potato Side Dish Challenge.
What You'll Need:
- 3 pounds large Idaho potatoes, washed
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream (see Notes)
- 5 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (see Notes)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Bake potatoes for about 1 hour, or until fork-tender. Cool potatoes at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes and place in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss gently until mixed well; place in prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until warm in center.
- We suggest topping each portion with a bit more sour cream and sliced scallions before serving.
- To lighten this up, you can substitute lower-fat varieties of sour cream and cheese, and use turkey bacon in place of the traditional favorites.
- If you loved this Baked Potato Salad, be sure to check out more in our collection of Fantastically Easy Potato Salads: 12 Recipes for Potato Salads.
Recipe adapted from Chef Carlos Barilla, Burger and Beer Joint
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.