Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Boxty (Irish Potato Griddle Cakes)
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This authentic version of the Irish potato dish called boxty is like a trip to the Emerald Isle in a skillet. Serve these little potato pancakes with any main dish and enjoy their crispness and great flavor!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Reserve half the potatoes and set aside. Cut remaining potatoes into large chunks, place in a large saucepan, and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Mash potatoes and set aside.
- Grate reserved potatoes, then stir into mashed potatoes. Add onion, flour, salt, and pepper; mix until well combined. Stir in egg and milk to form a batter.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil until hot. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
You may need to add additional milk to the batter if it seems too thick. It should be the consistency of thick pancake batter.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you've got friends coming over to watch a game, or you're just looking for an easy lunch or snack, these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are a real winner. Buffalo chicken makes for a tasty addition inside these cheesy quesadillas, and the celery adds a nice a crunch!