Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Corn Souffle Hush Puppies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 dozen
- 12 Min
- COOK TIME
- 3 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
Bread or side? You decide! Made with corn souffle, these unique hush puppies can take the place of a side dish. Either way you serve 'em, serve 'em up hot and now!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen corn souffle
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Thaw corn souffle in microwave at MEDIUM (50 percent power) 6 to 7 minutes, stirring once.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine egg, milk, and 3 tablespoons oil; stir into flour mixture. Fold in corn souffle.
- Pour oil into a Dutch oven to a depth of 2 inches; heat to 370 degrees. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Fry 3 to 5 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We pan fry our cauliflower in a seasoned mixture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to give it a rich and nutty taste that makes this veggie irresistible. Serve your family our Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower, and you'll be surprised at how fast they'll eat eat it up!