Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Corn Souffle Hush Puppies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 dozen
- 12 Min
- COOK TIME
- 3 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
Bread or side? You decide! Made with corn souffle, these unique hush puppies can take the place of a side dish. Either way you serve 'em, serve 'em up hot and now!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen corn souffle
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Thaw corn souffle in microwave at MEDIUM (50 percent power) 6 to 7 minutes, stirring once.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine egg, milk, and 3 tablespoons oil; stir into flour mixture. Fold in corn souffle.
- Pour oil into a Dutch oven to a depth of 2 inches; heat to 370 degrees. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Fry 3 to 5 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
BBQ sauce and smoked paprika are the key ingredients to making this chili recipe taste extra-smokin' good. Not only is our Smokin' BBQ Chili recipe flavor-packed and delicious, but it's made in just one pot, so it's extra-easy to clean up, too!