Creamy Mushroom Risotto
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
This is no ordinary rice dish! Our Creamy Mushroom Risotto is just that -- creamy with just a little bit of crunch.
What You'll Need:
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
teaspoon dried thyme
cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- Spray cold grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees).
- Place mushrooms on grill rack; brush half of vinaigrette over mushrooms. Grill mushrooms, covered, 5 minutes on each side or until tender, brushing mushrooms with remaining vinaigrette when turned. Remove mushrooms from grill and coarsely dice; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to a simmer (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and rice; cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes, or until onion is tender. Add 1/2 cup hot broth, stirring constantly, until liquid is nearly absorbed. Repeat procedure, adding remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding next portion (about 22 minutes total).
- Remove from heat; stir in mushrooms and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
In order to have this come out just right, don't be tempted to speed up the cooking process.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
11 08 13