Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Creamy Mushroom Risotto
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is no ordinary rice dish! Our Creamy Mushroom Risotto is just that -- creamy with just a little bit of crunch.
What You'll Need:
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- Spray cold grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees).
- Place mushrooms on grill rack; brush half of vinaigrette over mushrooms. Grill mushrooms, covered, 5 minutes on each side or until tender, brushing mushrooms with remaining vinaigrette when turned. Remove mushrooms from grill and coarsely dice; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to a simmer (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and rice; cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes, or until onion is tender. Add 1/2 cup hot broth, stirring constantly, until liquid is nearly absorbed. Repeat procedure, adding remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding next portion (about 22 minutes total).
- Remove from heat; stir in mushrooms and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
In order to have this come out just right, don't be tempted to speed up the cooking process.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Recreate an entree that's restaurant-fancy in your own kitchen with our recipe for Bacon Wrapped Pork Fillets. Perfectly cooked pork loin fillets get wrapped up in pan-fried bacon strips and drizzled with a savory and flavor-packed glaze.