Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Cumin Rice Timbales
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Who doesn't love a dish that looks fancy, tastes great, but is so easy? We haven't met anyone and this dish is a mix of all of those awesome things! Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for these Cumin Rice Timbales because they are truly show stoppers!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds or 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup converted rice, uncooked
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted (optional)
What To Do:
- Cook first 3 ingredients in oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until onion is tender.
- Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken broth, water, and salt. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Pack warm rice mixture into 6 (6-ounce) custard cups lightly coated with cooking spray. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with toasted cumin seeds, if desired.
Fancy Shmancy is what I call these little rice molds. They look impressive on a dinner plate, but they're so easy to make. Just pack the cooked rice in a custard cup and invert it onto the serving plate. Voila! Toast cumin seeds to sprinkle on top, if you'd like. Just stir 'em in a dry skillet over medium heat 30 seconds or until toasted.