Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Cumin Rice Timbales
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who doesn't love a dish that looks fancy, tastes great, but is so easy? We haven't met anyone and this dish is a mix of all of those awesome things! Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for these Cumin Rice Timbales because they are truly show stoppers!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds or 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup converted rice, uncooked
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted (optional)
What To Do:
- Cook first 3 ingredients in oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until onion is tender.
- Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken broth, water, and salt. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Pack warm rice mixture into 6 (6-ounce) custard cups lightly coated with cooking spray. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with toasted cumin seeds, if desired.
Fancy Shmancy is what I call these little rice molds. They look impressive on a dinner plate, but they're so easy to make. Just pack the cooked rice in a custard cup and invert it onto the serving plate. Voila! Toast cumin seeds to sprinkle on top, if you'd like. Just stir 'em in a dry skillet over medium heat 30 seconds or until toasted.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
German Potato Salad isn't creamy like some of the traditional American potato salads you may be used to, but that doesn't mean it isn't as delicious! Our German Potato Salad has a sweet vinegary base and includes tasty ingredients like bacon, onion and fresh parsley.