Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Easy Italian Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love rice dishes that are full of veggies, 'cause it helps add color to our table and nutrition to our bodies. This recipe for Easy Italian Rice is simple, flavorful, and beautiful.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup long- or whole-grain uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine rice and 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; cook the carrots, zucchini, and yellow squash 2 to 3 minutes, or just until softened. Add wine and cook 2 more minutes; set aside and keep warm.
- Over medium-high heat, add remaining broth to rice and stir until broth is absorbed. Stir in cooked vegetables, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a hard time deciding which Halloween candies you want to eat first, then you're going to love this recipe for Halloween Candy Bark. We took some tips from Dr. Frankenstein and created a bark made from an assortment of your favorite candy. The results are "monstrously" good!