Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wait till your family tries your fresh homemade pasta...and you don't even need a pasta machine for this one!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough water to just cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain the potatoes and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
- Place the cooled potatoes in a medium-sized bowl and mash with a fork. Add the egg substitute, 3 cups of the flour, the salt, and pepper; mix well. If necessary, add additional flour, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the mixture is firm enough to handle (and not sticky). Pinch off 1/2-inch pieces from the dough and drop carefully into the boiling water. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the gnocchi rise to the top and the centers are cooked.
- Warm up some of your favorite prepared or homemade tomato sauce for serving with these.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!