Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Farm Style Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We always hear about good old hearty farm-style meals. Well, now we can all look forward to coming home to these!
What You'll Need:
- 5 potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 cup loosely-packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped, or 1 heaping tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely broken
What To Do:
In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat; add garlic and saute about 1 minute, or until light golden. Add crushed tomatoes, olives, basil, salt, and pepper; cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sugar, chicken broth, and broken tomatoes and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spoon sauce over cooked potatoes. Serve immediately or keep warm in a 250 degrees F. oven until ready to use.
This sauce is great served over cooked rice or pasta, too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.