Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Fast Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a great potato holiday go-along for your main dish? Then these Fast Mashed Potates and Parsnips are the perfect choice. The parsnips add a flavorful earthy taste o these creamy traditional-style mashed potatoes.
What You'll Need:
- 6 large Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 medium-sized parsnips, peeled, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water; add the potatoes, parsnips, onion, and garlic. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the sour cream, salt, and pepper and beat with an electric beater for 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy.
You can make these a day or two before planning to serve them. Then you can just heat 'em in the microwave for a few minutes before mealtime.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!