Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Fresh Veggie Burgers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Veggie burgers have become "the rage." And why not: They're hearty, tasty, and often cholesterol- and fat-free. Here's a version you can make at home. Sure, it's a little more work than simply thawing frozen patties, but you'll taste the difference.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups warm cooked brown rice (see Notes)
- 1 medium-sized carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
What To Do:
- Preheat the broiler. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place 1/2 cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute onion, garlic, and thyme 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender. Place in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients except reserved bread crumbs; mix well. Form mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties and coat in the reserved 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Broil on center rack 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden and heated through, turning halfway through broiling.
- Your favorite type of brown rice, even a quick-cooking one, will work great in this recipe.
- Serve burgers on buns with lettuce and tomato for an unbeatable sandwich.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
With our recipe for 1 Minute Cinnamon Bun you can enjoy a cinnamon bun for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you want! All you need is a microwave, some easy ingredients from your pantry, and your favorite mug. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying a cinnamon bun that's all your own.