Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Garlic Skillet Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!
What You'll Need:
- 3 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain or whole-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add rice, then reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; saute garlic 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and saute 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Add rice, scallions, salt, and pepper; mix well. Add salad dressing and mix until heated through. Serve immediately.
- If you want this a bit more creamy, add an additional 1/4 cup ranch dressing. (You know, the secret ingredient!) And you can try any of the ranch dressing flavors like Caesar ranch, peppercorn ranch, or others -- they'll all work.
- We've got another tasty rice dish we think you'll love -- give our Brown Rice with Nuts and Raisins a try!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!