Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Green Beans and Sweet Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This colorful vegetable medley makes a side dish as beautiful as it is tasty. Serve Green Beans and Sweet Potatoes with your meat or fish and see what the guests think!
What You'll Need:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into half-moons
- 2 cups light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sherry cooking wine
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole green beans, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, place sweet potato sticks, onions, brown sugar, lemon juice, and sherry cooking wine; toss gently.
- Bake 25 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven and add green beans, ground cloves, thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss lightly.
- Return baking dish to oven and cook 10 additional minutes, or until heated through.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Holland House.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.