Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Hot Potato Packets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 5 Min
There's nothing wrong with eating a baked potato that you've cooked in foil over an open fire, but after a few nights of that you're going to be ready for an alternative. And here it is! You simply wrap these up and onto the heat they go! It couldn't be easier or taste better! (Of course, when we want that campfire taste at home, we can make these in the oven.)
What You'll Need:
- 6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Prepare a barbecue fire with a grill rack (or preheat the oven to 375 degrees). Coat six 12- x 24-inch pieces of aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients; mix well. Place equal amounts of the potato mixture on each piece of foil. Seal each packet and place on the grill rack over a barbecue fire (or on a large baking sheet).
- Cook for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
These packets can be prepared ahead of time and brought along in a cooler. Then all you have to do is place the packets on a grill over medium-high heat or directly over a campfire until the potatoes are tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!