Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Lone Star Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We gave this recipe a little Southwestern flair by adding some Texas-inspired ingredients. Our Lone Star Rice is the perfect change-of-pace side dish to go with any of your favorite main dishes, like chicken or steak.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup long-grain or whole-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup mild picante sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil; sauté rice and garlic until rice is slightly browned.
- Add broth, cumin, and oregano and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in beans and remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered, until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Stir in picante sauce and scallions and serve.
- If you prefer, instead of the kidney beans you can use pinto or black beans, or even black-eyed peas.
- Be sure to check out even more tasty rice dishes like this in our FREE eCookbook, Red Carpet Rice Dishes: 28 Easy Rice Recipes for Everyone.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Often the best things in life, or on our kitchen table, are the simplest ones, and this Buttery Cabbage recipe falls into that category. Crisp bacon, nutritious cabbage, and a few other ingredients make this simple cabbage recipe a spectacular one, time and time again.